Saturday, June 18, 2011

Well, don't count on me doing that again.

I just spent 11 hours in the saddle (13 hours total) to go a measly 502 miles.  That was a heckuva ride.  The last 240 from Cold Foot was very challenging due to the road conditions and road work.  A guy who drives the Haul Road three times a week said they are sprucing it up because some state officials are coming.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be working on it.

I guess they save money on signs.

Some scenery north of Fairbanks
Really far north
This corner was name by the people driving down the hill
Nice
Not nice
Even not nicer.  I was worried I was going to have to take time to remove the fender but by the time I got to Deadhorse it was gone.  I think the same thing happend in 2003 with the R1100GS
Here we are

No comments:

Post a Comment